Date Published: 14 March 2018
My first and only boyfriend believed I was too gutless to leave. He was dead wrong. My name is Gillian. I graduated Harvard early and left his hot temper and everyone else behind for Dallas. Determined to make it on my own, I land a second job bartending at the neighborhood pub smack in drama central where most every jerk in the neighborhood hits on me—at a huge price.
A week into the job, the neighborhood’s very popular drug dealer falls to his death a few feet from the table I’m serving. The cops say suicide, but the hot guitar player in the house band and I suspect foul play, and I intend to prove it. We dig deeper, grow closer, and make a shocking discovery. We know the murderer.
Praise for Becker Circle:
· “I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to finding out what will happen in Becker Circle next.” ~ 4* Goodreads ARC review by Cathy Geha,
· “Overall, Becker Circle was a good book that I’m sure many people will love.” ~ 4* Goodreads ARC review by Kiss Like a Girl
· “Brimming with both action and drama, Becker Circle draws readers into its social milieu and keeps them hooked, page after page.” ~ 5* Cadia Cox, Award-Winning Author of Double Shot of Love and Mistletoe & Macaroons
· “This is an awesome mystery/thriller set against the backdrop of a popular neighborhood full of intrigue, a fascinating cast of characters and a sexy romance. It’ll make you look at your favorite neighborhood bar in a different light.” ~5* Amazon reader review
· “Becker Circle and Gillian kept me on the edge of my seat between the romance, suspense, and mystery. Every chapter took me to a place I didn’t see coming and an ending that I would have never anticipated.” ~5* Goodreads reader review
· “Becker Circle has a main character you’d like to know, and a slow burn suspense that just keeps getting creepier.” ~ Kris Bock, Author of suspense, mystery and romance
Guest post by Addison Brae
A not so perfect fresh start in Becker Circle
Thank you Cinta for allowing me to be a part of your blog!
Most of us have had many fresh starts. Gillian, the main character in Becker Circle, cooked up a plan and worked like crazy to graduate Harvard a semester early to escape Boston while her abusive boyfriend was away for the holidays. She didn’t care where she ended up as long as it was far away from him, came with a great job offer, and gave her room to become the strong, independent person she dreamed about.
As with most of us, fresh starts come with experimentation. The stings from our screw ups remind us we’re not numb. When Gillian moved into Becker Circle, she started a set of rules to live by. (tweet this) “To hell with rules. I’ve followed them all my life.” Gillian said. Rule sixteen of my new life—Break more rules. Gillian’s choices were sometimes bad. Some even put her life in danger. She owned up, learned, and didn’t repeat them.
Enjoy a refreshing cocktail named after Gillian in honor of her new life.
1 oz. rum
1 oz. vodka
2 oz. club soda
1 oz. orange juice
½ oz. lime juice
½ oz. grenadine
Shake with ice. Pour in a martini or lowball glass, top with a lime twist and enjoy while you read—and live your fresh start!
Addison Brae lives in Dallas, Texas on the edge of downtown. As a child, she was constantly in trouble for hiding under the bed to read when she was supposed to be napping. She has been writing since childhood starting with diaries, letters and short stories. She continues today with articles, video scripts and other content as an independent marketing consultant.
When she’s not writing, Addison spends her time traveling the world, collecting interesting cocktail recipes and hosting parties. She’s still addicted to reading and enjoys jogging in her neighborhood park, sipping red wine, binge-watching TV series, vintage clothing and hanging out with her artistic other half and their neurotic cat Lucy.